Monday, June 7, 2010

S'mores bread pudding


Um, this is insane. Insane. Bread pudding is my new favorite food - this is a dangerous discovery because it is so easy to make. I know you can throw whatever you want into a basic recipe, but something about the mini marshmallows, Hershey's chocolate and crunchy graham crackers makes me want to eat this for dinner every night. It was a big hit with my guinea pigs as well.


S'mores bread pudding
makes about 8 - 10/adapted from this recipe

Here's what I used:
  • 5 cups cubed white bread
  • 1 cup chopped graham crackers
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup half and half
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 oz chopped milk chocolate (I broke up the better part of a large Hershey's bar)
  • 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
Here's what I did:
  1. Mix together bread and graham crackers in a large bowl - set aside.
  2. In a separate bowl, blend together eggs and sugar until fully combined.
  3. Add milk, half and half, and vanilla and stir thoroughly.
  4. Pour wet mixture onto bread and graham crackers, then mix in chocolate and marshmallows - let sit for 5 minutes.
  5. Pour into a prepared 8 x 8 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
  6. Cool for about 15 minutes before serving....and I suggest heating any leftovers up in the oven before serving for round two (it makes the marshmallows yummy and melty).

No comments:

Post a Comment