Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies


Now this is a brownie - moist, chewy and densely chocolate. I was in the mood to bake last night, and decided I'd use what I had in my pantry (or, you know, the tiny cabinet in my tiny kitchen) instead of going to the store. This is exactly what I wanted...plus, I added some mini marshmallows to keep things interesting.


Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies
makes about 12 large brownies/adapted from this recipe

Here's what I used:
  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
  • 10 tablespoons butter
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows
Here's what I did:
  1. Blend together flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl - set aside.
  2. Melt chocolate and butter together until smooth - I used the microwave because I was feeling lazy.
  3. Stir in sugar and vanilla.
  4. Stir in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
  5. Blend in the dry ingredients completely.
  6. Stir in the mini marshmallows.
  7. Spray an 8 x8 baking pan and pour in batter.
  8. Bake at 325 degrees for about 40 - 45 minutes.
  9. Let cool completely on a wire wrack before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment